Copyright (C) 2010, Stefano Rivera <email@example.com> Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIREC...
NAMEubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package.
DESCRIPTIONThe ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages.
Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5).
All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below.
Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option.
ENVIRONMENTAll ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts).
In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables:
Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is
Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name
- DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME
PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLESThe currently recognised package-wide variables are:
- This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist.
- The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used.
- The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used.
- The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used.
- The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used.
- The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging.
- Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no.
- Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default).
The directory to use for preparing source packages etc.
When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the