Copyright (c) 2004-2006 Damien Bergamini <firstname.lastname@example.org>. All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice unmodified, this list of conditions, and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and...
NAMEipw - Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 IEEE 802.11 driver
SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device ipw device ipwfw device pci device wlan device firmware
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
In both cases, place the following line in loader.conf5 to acknowledge the firmware license (see below):
DESCRIPTIONThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver provides support for the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 MiniPCI network adapter. sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies supports station adhoc and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8).
This driver requires the firmware built with the ipwfw module to work. For the loaded firmware to be enabled for use the license at /usr/share/doc/legal/intel_ipw.LICENSE must be agreed by adding the following line to loader.conf5:
- sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies firmware license
EXAMPLESJoin an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point):
ifconfig wlan create wlandev ipw0 inet 192.168.0.20 \ netmask 0xffffff00
Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net ''
"ifconfig wlan create wlandev ipw0 ssid my_net up"
Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption:
ifconfig wlan create wlandev ipw0 ssid my_net \ wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up
Join a specific BSS network with 128-bit WEP encryption:
ifconfig wlan create wlandev ipw0 wlanmode adhoc ssid my_net \ wepmode on wepkey 0x01020304050607080910111213 weptxkey 1
- "ipw%d: device timeout"
- The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen.
- "ipw%d: firmware error"
- The onboard microcontroller crashes for some reason. The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen.
- "ipw%d: timeout waiting for firmware initialization to complete"
- The onboard microcontroller failed to initialize in time. This should not happen.
- "ipw%d: could not load firmware image '%s'"
- The driver failed to load the firmware image using the firmware(9) subsystem. Verify the ipwfw(4) firmware module is installed and the license agreement loader(8) tunable has been set.
- "ipw%d: could not load microcode"
- An attempt to upload the microcode image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen.
- "ipw%d: could not load firmware"
- An attempt to upload the firmware image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen.