Hey, EMACS: First parameter, NAME, should be all caps Second parameter, SECTION, should be 1-8, maybe w/ subsection other parameters are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
NAMEpttree - prints a quick overview of the contents of PyTables HDF5 files.
SYNOPSISpttree [ OPTIONS ] filename[:nodepath]
DESCRIPTIONpttree is designed to give a quick overview of the contents of a PyTables HDF5 file by printing a depth-indented list of nodes, similar to the output of the Unix `tree` function. It can also display the size, shape and compression states of individual nodes, as well as summary information for the whole file. For a more verbose output (including metadata), see `ptdump`.
OPTIONSA summary of options is included below.
- -L MAX_DEPTH, --max-level MAX_DEPTH
- maximum branch depth of tree to display (-1 == no limit)
- -S SORT_BY, --sort-by SORT_BY
- artificially order nodes, can be either "size", "name" or "none"
- print size of each node/branch
- print shape of each node
- print compression library(level) for each compressed node
- print size of each node as a % of the total tree size on disk
- report sizes in SI units (1 MB == 10^6 B)
- report sizes in binary units (1 MiB == 2^20 B)
Print help on usage.
These utilities are documented fully by PyTables user's manual.