Copyright (C) 2001 Chad David <email@example.com>. All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice(s), this list of conditions and the following disclaimer as the first lines of this file unmodified other than the possible addition of one or more copyright notices. 2. Redistributions in binary for...
NAMEvinvalbuf - flushes and invalidates all buffers associated with a vnode
SYNOPSISIn sys/param.h In sys/vnode.h Ft int Fn vinvalbuf struct vnode *vp int flags struct ucred *cred int slpflag int slptimeo
DESCRIPTIONThe Fn vinvalbuf function invalidates all of the buffers associated with the given vnode. This includes buffers on the clean list and the dirty list. If the V_SAVE flag is specified then the buffers on the dirty list are synced prior to being released. If there is a VM Object associated with the vnode, it is removed.
Its arguments are:
- Fa vp
- A pointer to the vnode whose buffers will be invalidated.
- Fa flags
- The only supported flag is V_SAVE and it indicates that dirty buffers should be synced with the disk.
- Fa cred
- The user credentials that are used to VOP_FSYNC9 buffers if V_SAVE is set.
- Fa slpflag
- The slp flag that will be used in the priority of any sleeps in the function.
- Fa slptimeo
- The timeout for any sleeps in the function.
LOCKSThe vnode is assumed to be locked prior to the call and remains locked upon return.
Giant must be held by prior to the call and remains locked upon return.
RETURN VALUESA 0 value is returned on success.
vn_lock(devvp, LK_EXCLUSIVE | LK_RETRY); error = vinvalbuf(devvp, V_SAVE, cred, 0, 0); VOP_UNLOCK(devvp, 0); if (error) return (error);
- Bq Er ENOSPC
- The file system is full. (With V_SAVE
- Bq Er EDQUOT
- Disc quota exceeded. (With V_SAVE
- Bq Er EWOULDBLOCK
- Sleep operation timed out. (See Fa slptimeo )
- Bq Er ERESTART
- A signal needs to be delivered and the system call should be restarted. (With PCATCH set in Fa slpflag )
- Bq Er EINTR
- The system has been interrupted by a signal. (With PCATCH set in Fa slpflag )