$NetBSD: fetch.9,v 1.2 1996/01/09 21:59:24 perry Exp $ Copyright (c) 1996 Jason R. Thorpe. All rights reserved. This code is derived from software contributed by Kenneth Stailey. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary fo...
NAMEfetch fubyte fuswintr fuword fuword16 fuword32 fuword64 - fetch data from user-space
SYNOPSISIn sys/types.h In sys/time.h In sys/systm.h Ft int Fn fubyte const void *base Ft long Fn fuword const void *base Ft int Fn fuword16 void *base Ft int32_t Fn fuword32 const void *base Ft int64_t Fn fuword64 const void *base In sys/resourcevar.h Ft int Fn fuswintr void *base
DESCRIPTIONThe ifconfig functions are designed to copy small amounts of data from user-space.
The ifconfig routines provide the following functionality:
- Fn fubyte
- Fetches a byte of data from the user-space address base
- Fn fuword
- Fetches a word of data from the user-space address base
- Fn fuword16
- Fetches 16 bits of data from the user-space address base
- Fn fuword32
- Fetches 32 bits of data from the user-space address base
- Fn fuword64
- Fetches 64 bits of data from the user-space address base
- Fn fuswintr
- Fetches a short word of data from the user-space address base This function is safe to call during an interrupt context.