Copyright (c) 1996 Doug Rabson All rights reserved. This program is free software. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in...
NAMEVOP_PATHCONF - return POSIX pathconf information
SYNOPSISIn sys/param.h In sys/vnode.h In sys/unistd.h Ft int Fn VOP_PATHCONF struct vnode *vp int name int *retval
DESCRIPTIONThe arguments are:
- Fa vp
- The vnode to get information about.
- Fa name
- The type of information to return.
- Fa retval
- The place to return the information.
The value of Fa name specifies what should be returned:
- The maximum number of links to a file.
- The maximum number of bytes in a file name.
- The maximum number of bytes in a pathname.
- The maximum number of bytes which will be written atomically to a pipe.
- Return 1 if appropriate privileges are required for the chown(2) system call, otherwise 0.
- Return 1 if file names longer than KERN_NAME_MAX are truncated.