- Copyright (c) 1999 Robert N. M. Watson All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documen...
NAMEVOP_ACLCHECK - check an access control list for a vnode
SYNOPSISIn sys/param.h In sys/vnode.h In sys/acl.h Ft int Fn VOP_ACLCHECK struct vnode *vp acl_type_t type struct acl *aclp struct ucred *cred struct thread *td
DESCRIPTIONThis vnode call may be used to determine the validity of a particular access control list (ACL) for a particular file or directory.
Its arguments are:
- Fa vp
- The vnode of the file or directory.
- Fa type
- The type of ACL to check.
- Fa aclp
- A pointer to an ACL structure from which to retrieve the ACL data.
- Fa cred
- The user credentials to use in authorizing the request.
- Fa td
- The thread checking the ACL.
The Fa cred pointer may be NULL to indicate that access control checks are not to be performed, if possible. This cred setting might be used to allow the kernel to authorize ACL verification that the active process might not be permitted to do.
The vnode ACL interface defines the syntax, and not semantics, of file and directory ACL interfaces. More information about ACL management in kernel may be found in acl(9).
LOCKSNo locks are required to call this vnode method, and any locks held on entry will be held on exit.
RETURN VALUESIf the Fa aclp pointer points to a valid ACL of type Fa type for the object Fa vp , then zero is returned. Otherwise, an appropriate error code is returned.
- Bq Er EINVAL
- The ACL type passed is invalid for this vnode, or the ACL data is invalid.
- Bq Er EACCES
- The file or directory ACL does not permit access.
- Bq Er ENOMEM
- Sufficient memory is not available to fulfill the request.
- Bq Er EOPNOTSUPP
- The file system does not support Fn VOP_ACLCHECK .