Copyright (C) 2002 Thorsten Kukuk This file is part of the yp-tools. Author: Thorsten Kukuk <email@example.com> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public ...
NAMEyptest - test NIS configuration
SYNOPSYSyptest [-q] [-d domain] [-h host] [-m map] [-u user]
DESCRIPTIONyptest calls various NIS functions to check if the NIS configuration is correct and works as expected.
- Be quiet, don't print messages
- -d domainname
- Specify a domain other than the default domain as returned by domainname(1). This option is not supported by all tests.
- -h hostname
- Query ypserv on hostname instead of the currently used one. This option is not supported by all tests.
- -m map
- Use the map map for the tests instead of passwd.byname. This option should be used if the default map does not exist.
- -u user
- Use the account user instead of nobody. This option should be used if the nobody account does not exist in the map used for testing (passwd.byname or the one given with the -m option).
SEE ALSOdomainname(8), ypbind(8), ypcat(8), ypmatch(1), ypserv(8), yppoll(8), ypwhich(1)