NAMEupstart-dbus-bridge - Bridge between Upstart and D-Bus
DESCRIPTIONupstart-dbus-bridge receives information about D-Bus signals and creates init(8) events for them.
With no options, monitors signals on the D-Bus system bus and emits an Upstart event called dbus via a D-Bus system bus connection to Upstart.
When run with --user, monitors signals on the users D-Bus session bus and emits Upstart events via the private D-Bus connection to the users Session Init.
See dbus-daemon(1) and for further details.
- Always emit events on receipt of D-Bus signal regardless of whether jobs care about them.
- Detach and run in the background.
- Enable debugging output.
- Show brief usage summary.
- Monitor signals on the D-Bus session bus.
- Monitor signals on the D-Bus system bus.
- User-session mode: connect to Upstart via the user session rather than over the D-Bus system bus.
- Set a name for the bus to be passed as an additional argument to the event under the property BUS. Used to distinguish multiple D-Bus bridges.
- Enable verbose output.
RESTRICTIONSD-Bus signals emitted by Upstart itself are ignored.
AUTHORWritten by James Hunt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
BUGSReport bugs at <launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/upstart/+bugs>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2013 Canonical Ltd.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.