Title : update-manager Author : Bruno Mangin August, 2 2007 First parameter, NAME, should be all caps other parameters are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
NAMEupdate-manager - graphical management of software packages updates
DESCRIPTIONUpdate-manager is a frontend for the apt package management system. It allows you to perform some actions of the command line tool apt-get in a graphical environment.
Update-manager is especially designed for upgrading your system, or migrating your system towards a more recent version.
OPTIONSFor a daily use, you may launch update-manager with no options so that your system is just upgraded.
For migration purposes, update-manager accepts some options:
- -h, --help
- Show a similar help message
- -V, --version
- Show version
- Directory that contains the data files
- -c, --check-dist-upgrades
- Check if a new distribution release is available
- -d, --devel-release
- Check if upgrading to the latest devel release is possible
- -p, --proposed
- Upgrade using the latest proposed version of the release upgrader
- Do not focus on map when starting
- -s, --sandbox
Test the upgrade with a sandbox aufs overlay, without changing the filesystem.
ACTIONS PERFORMED DURING AN UPGRADE TO A NEW VERSION* eventually reinstall the package ubuntu-desktop
* switch to an updated sources.list entries
* adds the default user to new groups if needed
SEE ALSOSynaptic, sources.list, aptitude
AUTHORSupdate-manager was developed by Michael Vogt <email@example.com> with various contributors (see AUTHORS file)
This manual page was originally written by Bruno Mangin and
Michael Vogt <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2006-2007 Canonical
There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.