$OpenBSD: mdoc.template,v 1.6 2001/02/03 08:22:44 niklas Exp $ The following requests are required for all man pages.
NAMErpc.idmapd - NFSv4 ID <-> Name Mapper
rpc.idmapd [-h ] [-f ] [-v ] [-C ] [-S ] [-p path ] [-c path ]
DESCRIPTIONis the NFSv4 ID <-> name mapping daemon. It provides functionality to the NFSv4 kernel client and server, to which it communicates via upcalls, by translating user and group IDs to names, and vice versa.
Note that on more recent kernels only the NFSv4 server uses . The NFSv4 client instead uses nfsidmap(8), and only falls back to if there was a problem running the nfsidmap(8) program.
The options are as follows:
- Display usage message.
- Increases the verbosity level (can be specified multiple times).
- Runs in the foreground and prints all output to the terminal.
- -p path
- Specifies the location of the RPC pipefs to be path The default value is "/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs".
- -c path
- Use configuration file path
- Client-only: perform no idmapping for any NFS server, even if one is detected.
- Server-only: perform no idmapping for any NFS client, even if one is detected.
EXAMPLESrpc.idmapd -f -vvv
Runs printing all messages to console, and with a verbosity level of 3.