Title: papstatus Author: [FIXME: author] [see http://docbook.sf.net/el/author] Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.75.2 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 17 Dec 1991 Manual: Netatalk 2.2 Source: Netatalk 2.2 Language: English
NAMEpapstatus - get the status of an AppleTalk-connected printer
- /usr/sbin/papstatus [-d] [-p printer] [retrytime]
If no printer is specified on the command line, papstatus looks for a file called .paprc in the current directory and reads it to obtain the name of a printer. The .paprc file should contain a single line of the form object:type@zone where each of object, :type, and @zone are optional. type and zone must be proceeded by `:' and `@' respectively. Blank lines and lines the begin with a `#' are ignored. type and zone default to LaserWriter and the zone of the local host, respectively.
- Turns on a debugging mode that prints some extra information to standard error.
- Get status from printer (do not consult any .paprc files to find a printer name). The syntax for printer is the same as discussed above for the .paprc file.
- Normally, papstatus only gets the status from the printer once. If retrytime is specified, the status is obtained repeatedly, with a sleep of retrytime seconds between inquiring the printer.
- file that contains printer name