Title: pam_issue Author: [see the "AUTHOR" section] Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.78.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 09/19/2013 Manual: Linux-PAM Manual Source: Linux-PAM Manual Language: English
NAMEpam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt
- pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name]
- current day
- name of this tty
- machine architecture (uname -m)
- machine's network node hostname (uname -n)
- domain name of this system
- release number of operating system (uname -r)
- current time
- operating system name (uname -s)
- number of users currently logged in
- same as \u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users")
- operating system version and build date (uname -v)
- Turns off escape code parsing.
- The file to output if not using the default.
MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided.
- Memory buffer error.
- The prompt was already changed.
- A service module error occurred.
- The new prompt was set successfully.
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login:
auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <email@example.com>.