Title: pam_env Author: [see the "AUTHOR" section] Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.78.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 01/16/2014 Manual: Linux-PAM Manual Source: Linux-PAM Manual Language: English
NAMEpam_env - PAM module to set/unset environment variables
- pam_env.so [debug] [conffile=conf-file] [envfile=env-file] [readenv=0|1] [user_envfile=env-file] [user_readenv=0|1]
By default rules for (un)setting of variables is taken from the config file /etc/security/pam_env.conf if no other file is specified.
This module can also parse a file with simple KEY=VAL pairs on separate lines (/etc/environment by default). You can change the default file to parse, with the envfile flag and turn it on or off by setting the readenv flag to 1 or 0 respectively.
Since setting of PAM environment variables can have side effects to other modules, this module should be the last one on the stack.
- Indicate an alternative pam_env.conf style configuration file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments.
- A lot of debug information is printed with syslog(3).
- Indicate an alternative environment file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments.
- Turns on or off the reading of the file specified by envfile (0 is off, 1 is on). By default this option is on.
- Indicate an alternative .pam_environment file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. The filename is relative to the user home directory.
- Turns on or off the reading of the user specific environment file. 0 is off, 1 is on. By default this option is off.
MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The auth and session module types are provided.
- Not all relevant data or options could be gotten.
- Memory buffer error.
- No pam_env.conf and environment file was found.
- Environment variables were set.
- Default configuration file
- Default environment file
- User specific environment file
pam_env was written by Dave Kinchlea <email@example.com>.