Copyright (c) 2003\-2005 Richard Russon. This file may be copied under the terms of the GNU Public License.
NAMEntfscluster - identify files in a specified region of an NTFS volume.
SYNOPSISntfscluster [options] device
DESCRIPTIONntfscluster has three modes of operation: info, sector and cluster.
The default mode, info is currently not implemented. It will display general information about the NTFS volume when it is working.
The sector mode will display a list of files that have data in the specified range of sectors.
ClusterThe cluster mode will display a list of files that have data in the specified range of clusters. When the cluster size is one sector, this will be equivalent to the sector mode of operation.
OPTIONSBelow is a summary of all the options that ntfscluster accepts. Nearly all options have two equivalent names. The short name is preceded by - and the long name is preceded by --. Any single letter options, that don't take an argument, can be combined into a single command, e.g. -fv is equivalent to -f -v. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name.
- -c, --cluster RANGE
- Any files whose data is in this range of clusters will be displayed.
- -F, --filename NAME
- Show information about this file.
- -f, --force
- This will override some sensible defaults, such as not working with a mounted volume. Use this option with caution.
- -h, --help
- Show a list of options with a brief description of each one.
- -I, --inode NUM
- Show information about this inode.
- -i, --info
- This option is not yet implemented.
- -q, --quiet
- Reduce the amount of output to a minimum. Naturally, it doesn't make sense to combine this option with
- -s, --sector RANGE
- Any files whose data is in this range of sectors will be displayed.
- -v, --verbose
- Increase the amount of output that ntfscluster prints.
- -V, --version
- Show the version number, copyright and license for ntfscluster.
EXAMPLESGet some information about the volume /dev/hda1.
ntfscluster -c 0-500 /dev/hda1
BUGSThe info mode isn't implemented yet. ntfscluster is quite limited, but it has no known bugs. If you find a bug please send an email describing the problem to the development team:
AUTHORSntfscluster was written by Richard Russon, with contributions from Anton Altaparmakov. It was ported to ntfs-3g by Erik Larsson.
AVAILABILITYntfscluster is part of the ntfs-3g package and is available from: