NAMEippusbxd - Communication driver for IPP-over-USB class printers
SYNOPSISippusbxd [-v|--vid VENDOR_ID] [-m|--pid PRODUCT_ID] [-s|--serial SERIAL_NUMBER] [--bus BUS] [--device DEVICE] [--bus-device BUS:DEVICE] [-p|--only-port PORT_NUMBER] [-P|--from-port PORT_NUMBER] [-i|--interface INTERFACE] [-l|--logging] [-q|--verbose] [-d|--debug] [-n|--no-fork] [-B|--no-broadcast] [-N|--no-printer]
DESCRIPTIONippusbxd connects to a IPP-over-USB printer and exposes it to a network interface (like localhost or dummy0) on a given port, so that the printer can be accessed like an IPP network printer. The printer is also registered at Avahi to be advertised via DNS-SD on the interface, so CUPS and cups-browsed(8) will auto-discover the printer for easy setup of a print queue. This requires avahi-daemon to be running and the network interface to be supported by the Avahi version in use.
Upon successful startup the TCP port it is listening on and the process ID of the daemon are printed to stdout. ippusbxd will shut itself down when the connected printer disconnects. When not specifying information about the desired printer, ippusbxd scans the USB and connects to the first available IPP-over-USB printer.
- -h, --help
- Show help message.
- -v VENDOR_ID, --vid VENDOR_ID
- USB vendor ID of desired printer.
- -m PRODUCT_ID, --pid PRODUCT_ID
- USB product ID of desired printer.
- -s SERIAL_NUMBER, --serial SERIAL_NUMBER
- Serial number of desired printer.
- --bus BUS --device DEVICE, --bus-device BUS:DEVICE
- USB bus and device numbers where the device is currently connected (see output of lsusb(8)). Note that these numbers change when the device is disconnected and reconnected. This method of calling ippusbxd is only for calling via UDEV. BUS and DEVICE have to be given in decimal numbers.
- -p PORT_NUMBER, --only-port PORT_NUMBER
- Port number ippusbxd will expose the printer over. If this port is already taken, ippusbxd will error out.
- -P PORT_NUMBER, --from-port PORT_NUMBER
- Port number ippusbxd will expose the printer over. If this port is already taken, ippusbxd will increase the port number by 1 and try again until it finds a free port.
- -i INTERFACE, --interface INTERFACE
- Network interface to use. Default is the loopback interface (lo, localhost).
- -l, --logging
- Send all logging to syslog.
- -q, --verbose
- Enable verbose logging.
- -d, --debug
- Enables debug mode. Implies -q and -n. Verbose logging will be sent to stdout
- -n, --no-fork
- Enables no fork mode. Disables deamonization.
- -B, --no-broadcast
- No-broadcast mode, do not DNS-SD-broadcast
- -N, --no-printer
- No-printer mode, debug/developer mode which makes ippusbxd run without IPP-over-USB printer