NAMEe4crypt - ext4 filesystem encryption utility
SYNOPSISe4crypt add_key -S [ -k keyring ] [-v] [-q] [ path ... ]
e4crypt get_policy path ...
e4crypt set_policy policy path ...
DESCRIPTIONe4crypt performs encryption management for ext4 file systems.
- e4crypt add_key -S [ -k keyring ] [-v] [-q] [ path ... ]
- Prompts the user for a passphrase and inserts it into the specified keyring. If no keyring is specified, e4crypt will use the session keyring if it exists or the user session keyring if it does not.
- If one or more directory paths are specified, e4crypt will try to set the policy of those directories to use the key just entered by the user.
- e4crypt get_policy path ...
- Print the policy for the directories specified on the command line.
- e4crypt new_session
- Give the invoking process (typically a shell) a new session keyring, discarding its old session keyring.
- e4crypt set_policy policy path ...
- Sets the policy for the directories specified on the command line. All directories must be empty to set the policy; if the directory already has a policy established, e4crypt will validate that the policy matches what was specified. A policy is an encryption key identifier consisting of 16 hexadecimal characters.