$Id: dwww-convert.8 531 2009-02-15 12:54:08Z robert $
NAMEdwww-convert - convert files to HTML for dwww
SYNOPSISdwww-convert [--no-path-info] type location
DESCRIPTIONdwww-convert is part of the dwww package, which provides access to on-line documentation on a Debian system via WWW. dwww-convert converts documentation to HTML so that it can be viewed with a WWW browser. dwww-convert is usually run by the WWW server, but can also be run by hand.
The type argument gives the type of the file, one of:
- An arbitrary file; the type is guessed using simple heuristics based on the filename.
- A directory. If the directory contains the file index.html or index.htm that file will be returned. Otherwise, A listing of the files in the directory is generated.
- An HTML file. The file is returned as is.
- A manual page. The location is the pathname of the nroff source file.
- A manual page. The location is the name of the manual page and its section, separated by a slash. For example, the location would be intro/1 to refer to the intro(1) manual page.
- An Info file.
- A plain text file (using the ISO-8859-1 character set).
An unknown file type is treated as text.
The location argument gives the filename of the file. The name must be complete, i.e., it must start at the root directory (/). The name must not contain any symbolic links (cf. realpath(1)). The file must be located in or below a directory that has been allowed by the system administrator; see dwww(7) for more info.
- Internal option used by the dwww's CGI script to let dwww-convert know, that the arguments following the option do not come from the PATH_INFO variable, but from the QUERY_STRING.
SEE ALSOdwww(7), dwww-txt2html(8), dwww-build(8), dwww-cache(8).
AUTHORLars Wirzenius. Modified by Robert Luberda.
See dwww(7) for copyrights and stuff.