Hey, EMACS: First parameter, NAME, should be all caps Second parameter, SECTION, should be 1-8, maybe w/ subsection other parameters are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
NAMEbattery-stats-collector - Collect statistics about battery charge
SYNOPSISbattery-stats-collector [option] ...
DESCRIPTIONDoes exactly as it says on the tin - it will collect information from the APM subsystem and write it to a log file.
Normally battery-stats-collector will be invoked by the system startup scripts.
OPTIONSbattery-stats follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-').
- -o FILE, --output FILE
- Append statistics to the given file. The default filename is /var/log/battery-stats
- -i SECS, --interval=SECS
- Sampling intervals in seconds. If not specified, stats will be collected every 30 seconds.
- -F COUNT, --flush=COUNT
Flushes data to the log file every COUNT samples. A value of zero turns
off flushing altogether. If left unspecified, battery-stats-collector will
assume a value of 1, i.e. flush at every write. Setting the value too low will
tend to keep the disk spinning (and use battery needlessly). Setting the value
too high will loose statistics in case of an improper shutdown.
Note that since battery-stats-collector uses the standard Ansi C library, data will still be flushed periodically (regardless of this setting) once the buffer fills up. The size of the buffer is platform dependent, but 4Kb and 8Kb seem pretty normal.
- -b NUM, --battery-num=NUM
- Read information about battery number NUM. (In case you have multiple batteries installed).
- -1, --once
- Only collect a single sample and exit. The default is to loop continiously.
- -I, --ignore-missing-battery
- Keeps quiet about missing batteries. This stops the warnings on stderr/syslog that would otherwise occur when the battery is missing.
- -s, --syslog
- Log error messages to syslog, rather than stderr. Note that messages regarding invalid command line parameters will still go to stderr.
- -V, --version
- Show version of battery-stats-collector and exit.
- -h, --help
Show summary of options and exit.
Default file for writing battery charge samples to.
Newer versions of this program may (or may not) be available at karl.jorgensen.com/battery-stats
AUTHORThis manual page was written initially written by Karl E. Jorgensen <email@example.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).
Adapted by Antonio Radici <firstname.lastname@example.org> to include libacpi and autotools support, see History for details.
Kevin Funk <email@example.com> took over maintainership in 2012.