Hey, EMACS: First parameter, NAME, should be all caps Second parameter, SECTION, should be 1-8, maybe w/ subsection other parameters are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
NAMEa2enconf, a2disconf - enable or disable an apache2 configuration file
SYNOPSISa2enconf [ [-q|--quiet] configuration]
a2disconf [ [-q|--quiet] configuration]
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the a2enconf and a2disconf commands.
a2enconf is a script that enables the specified configuration file within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/conf-enabled. Likewise, a2disconf disables a specific configuration part by removing those symlinks. It is not an error to enable a configuration which is already enabled, or to disable one which is already disabled.
Note that many configuration file may have a dependency to specific modules. Unlike module dependencies, these are not resolved automatically. Configuration fragments stored in the conf-available directory are considered non-essential or being installed and manged by reverse dependencies (e.g. web scripts).
- -q, --quiet
- Don't show informative messages.
- -m, --maintmode
- Enables the maintainer mode, that is the program invocation is effectuated automatically by a maintainer script. This switch should not be used by end users.
- -p, --purge
- When disabling a module, purge all traces of the module in the internal state data base.
EXIT STATUSa2enconf and a2disconf exit with status 0 if all configurations are processed successfully, 1 if errors occur, 2 if an invalid option was used.
Enables Apache security directives stored in the security configuration files, and disables the charset configuration.
- Directory with files giving information on available configuration files.
- Directory with links to the files in conf-available for enabled configuration files.