ModemManager(8) manual page Copyright (C) 2011 Aleksander Morgado
NAMEModemManager - modem management daemon
SYNOPSISModemManager [--version] | [--help]
ModemManager [--debug] [--log-level=<level>] [--log-file=<filename>] [--timestamps] [--relative-timestamps]
DESCRIPTIONThe ModemManager daemon provides a unified high level API for communicating with (mobile broadband) modems. While the basic commands are standardized, the more advanced operations (like signal quality monitoring while connected) varies a lot.
- ModemManager is a system daemon and is not meant to be used directly from the
- command line.
OPTIONSThe following options are supported:
- Print the ModemManager software version and exit.
- Print ModemManager's available options and exit.
- Runs ModemManager with "DEBUG" log level and without daemonizing. This is useful for debugging, as it directs log output to the controlling terminal in addition to syslog.
- Sets how much information ModemManager sends to the log destination (usually syslog's "daemon" facility). By default, only informational, warning, and error messages are logged. Given level must be one of "ERR", "WARN", "INFO" or "DEBUG".
- Specify location of the file where ModemManager will dump its log messages, instead of syslog.
- Include absolute timestamps in the log output.
- Include timestamps, relative to the start time of the daemon, in the log output.