This file is distributed under the same license as the ibus package. Copyright (C) Takao Fujiwara <email@example.com>, 2017.
NAMEibus emoji utility - Call the IBus emoji utility by IBus Emojier
IBus Emojier provides a GUI to select an emoji by typing an emoji annotation
or choosing a character with mouse click and it's designed to work as
an extended IBus lookup window using Space, Enter, and Arrow keys.
The text entry accepts an emoji annotation or Unicode points.
If IBus panel is launched, IBus panel calls IBus Emojier with a
shortcut key or the right click menu and output the selected emoji
on the previous focused text on an application.
If IBus panel is not available likes GNOME desktop, You can still use
command to launch IBus Emojier and it saves the selected emoji in
your clipboard and you can paste the emoji by a paste key likes
for the command line options.
- ANNOTATION LANGUAGE
- You can choose a language of emoji annotations with ibus-setup (1).
You can choose an emoji font with
E.g. "Noto Color Emoji", "Android Emoji" font.
- Launch IBus Emojier. The shortcut key can be customized by ibus-setup (1).
- Left, Right arrow, Control-b or Control-f
- Select the next left or right category or emoji on the list if an annotation is not typed. Otherwise move the cursor to the immdediate left or right in the typed annotation.
- Down, Up arrow, Control-n or Control-p
- Select the next top or down category or emoji on the list
- Commit the selected emoji.
- Go back to the category list from emoji list, erase the typed annotation, and close IBus Emojier.
- Select the next left category or emoji on the list. If Shift-Space is typed, a space chararacter can be inserted between words in an annotation or Unicode points. E.g. 1f466 Shift-Space 1f3fb
- PageDown or PageUp
- Move to the next or previous page in the emoji list.
- Head, End, Control-h or Control-e
- Select the first or last emoji on the list if an annotation is not typed. Otherwise move the cursor to the head or end in the typed annotation.
- Erase the typed annotation.
- Control-x or Control-v or Control-c
- Cut the selected annotation to the clipboard with Control-x. Paste the contents of the clipboard into the annotation entry with Control-v. Copy the selected annotation to the clipboard with Control-c.
Copy the selected emoji to the clipboard.