Title: DROP TRANSFORM Author: The PostgreSQL Global Development Group Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.79.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 2018 Manual: PostgreSQL 9.6.8 Documentation Source: PostgreSQL 9.6.8 Language: English
NAMEDROP_TRANSFORM - remove a transform
DROP TRANSFORM [ IF EXISTS ] FOR type_name LANGUAGE lang_name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ]
DROP TRANSFORM removes a previously defined transform.
To be able to drop a transform, you must own the type and the language. These are the same privileges that are required to create a transform.
- Do not throw an error if the transform does not exist. A notice is issued in this case.
- The name of the data type of the transform.
- The name of the language of the transform.
- Automatically drop objects that depend on the transform, and in turn all objects that depend on those objects (see Section 5.13, lqDependency Trackingrq, in the documentation).
- Refuse to drop the transform if any objects depend on it. This is the default.
To drop the transform for type hstore and language plpythonu:
DROP TRANSFORM FOR hstore LANGUAGE plpythonu;
This form of DROP TRANSFORM is a PostgreSQL extension. See CREATE TRANSFORM (CREATE_TRANSFORM(7)) for details.