Title: DROP RULE Author: The PostgreSQL Global Development Group Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.79.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 2018 Manual: PostgreSQL 9.6.8 Documentation Source: PostgreSQL 9.6.8 Language: English
NAMEDROP_RULE - remove a rewrite rule
DROP RULE [ IF EXISTS ] name ON table_name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ]
DROP RULE drops a rewrite rule.
- Do not throw an error if the rule does not exist. A notice is issued in this case.
- The name of the rule to drop.
- The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table or view that the rule applies to.
- Automatically drop objects that depend on the rule, and in turn all objects that depend on those objects (see Section 5.13, lqDependency Trackingrq, in the documentation).
- Refuse to drop the rule if any objects depend on it. This is the default.
To drop the rewrite rule newrule:
DROP RULE newrule ON mytable;
DROP RULE is a PostgreSQL language extension, as is the entire query rewrite system.