NAMExanalogtv - Simulate reception on an old analog TV set
SYNOPSISxanalogtv [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-cycle] [-no-cycle] [-fps]
DESCRIPTIONxanalogtv shows a simulation of an old TV set showing test patterns and any other images you have provided. It reproduces a wide range of TV reception bummage: snow, bloom, ghosting, and loss of vertical and horizontal sync. It also simulates the TV warming up. It will cycle through 12 channels, some with images you give it, and some with color bars or nothing but static.
The images that it uses will be grabbed from the portion of the screen underlying the window, or from the system's video input, or from a random file on disk, as indicated by the grabDesktopImages, grabVideoFrames, and chooseRandomImages options in the ~/.xscreensaver file; see xscreensaver-demo(1) for more details. It looks best with a video input or your digital photo collection.
OPTIONSxanalogtv accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.