NAMEpioneers-server-console - command-line game server for Pioneers
SYNOPSISpioneers-server-console [ OPTIONS ]
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the pioneers-server-console command.
is an implementation of the popular, award-winning "Settlers of Catan"
board game for the GNOME desktop environment. It uses a client/server
model for networked play of between two and eight players. This program
provides a console-only server that pioneers clients can connect
Application options-g,--game-title game title Load the ruleset specified by game title. The title can be found in the *.game files. You need quotes for titles with spaces.
- Load the ruleset in the file filename.
- -p,--port port
- Use port port for player connections.
- -P,--players num
- Start a game for num total players (including computer players).
- -v,--points points
- Specify the number of "victory points" required to win the game.
- "Sevens rule": Specify gameplay behavior when a player rolls a seven. A value of 0 (the default) means that rolling a seven always moves the robber. A value of 1 requires the player to re-roll if a seven is rolled on the first two turns. A value of 2 means the player always re-rolls.
- Choose a terrain type: 0 for the default, or 1 for random terrain.
- -c,--computer-players num
- Start up num computer players.
Show version information.
- Register with a metaserver. The metaserver to use can be overridden with the -m option. Default metaserver: pioneers.debian.net
- -m,--metaserver metaserver
- Register this server with the metaserver at the specified address.
- -n, --hostname hostname
Use this hostname instead of the hostname reported by
Miscellaneous options-x,--auto-quit Automatically exit after a player has won.
- -k,--empty-timeout secs
- Automatically stop the server if no one has connected after secs seconds.
- -t,--tournament mins
- Tournament mode: add AI players after mins minutes.
- -a,--admin-port port
- Listen for administrative commands on port port.
- Don't start the game immediately; wait for a command on the admin port (-a) instead.
- Give players numbers according to the order they enter the game.
Enable debug messages.
ENVIRONMENTThe default settings of the server can be influenced with the following three environment variables:
- The hostname of the metaserver when no metaserver is specified on the command-line.
- The hostname of the server. If it is not set, the hostname is determined by hostname(1).
The path to the game definition files.
If it is not set, the default installation path will be used.
FILES/usr/share/games/pioneers/*.game and $XDG_DATA_HOME/pioneers/*.game
- Game definitions
- A list of names the computer player can use