NAMEopenarena - OpenArena client
SYNOPSISopenarena [-h|--help] [-q|--quiet] [+set option value]...
DESCRIPTIONopenarena is the client for the first-person shooter OpenArena.
OPTIONSThe wrapper script used for OpenArena in Debian accepts these options:
- -h, --help
- Display a short help summary
- -q, --quiet
- Disable all output
Any console command can also be prefixed with + and used as a command-line option (press Shift+Esc to access the in-game console), including:
- +set option value
- Set an option (see below for some options)
- +connect server[:port]
- Connect to a server
Options that can be set with +set (note that this is not a full list!) include:
- r_fullscreen <bool>
- 1: Play in fullscreen mode; 0: Play in window mode
- r_mode <num>
- Sets the screen resolution mode. Set num to -1 to use a customized resolution. See also r_customheight and r_customwidth!
- r_customwidth <pixels>
- Use pixels as width if r_mode is set to -1.
- r_customheight <pixels>
Use pixels as height if r_mode is set to -1.
- Configuration and state for OpenArena
Configuration and state for the "missionpack" mod
ENVIRONMENTThe wrapper script used to launch OpenArena allows it to be debugged by setting environment variables.
- A debugger or other prefix to prepend to the OpenArena command line, such as strace; overridden by OPENARENA_BACKTRACE
Use gdb(1) to get a backtrace if OpenArena crashes (the gdb
package must be installed for this to work)
SEE ALSOopenarena-server(6), ioquake3(6), /usr/share/doc/openarena
AUTHOROpenArena was written by the OpenArena Team. The engine used is a modified ioQuake3, originally created by id Software and now maintained by the ioQuake3 community.
This manual page was written by Bruno "Fuddl" Kleinert <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Simon McVittie <email@example.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).