Hey, EMACS: First parameter, NAME, should be all caps Second parameter, SECTION, should be 1-8, maybe w/ subsection other parameters are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
NAMEmakehyper - generate a GNU Backgammon Hypergammon position database
SYNOPSISmakehyper [-nvh] [-f filename] [-r filename] [-c chequers] [-t threshold]
DESCRIPTIONHypergammon is a variation of backgammon with a much reduced number of chequers (usually three). It's possible to fully analyse this simplified game and generate a database of position evaluations in order to play perfectly. makehyper generates such a position evaluation database.
Since many of the positions are in contact, it's not possible to generate the database in one pass; instead, makehyper iterates until the position evaluation converges. The convergence threshold can be changed with the -t option.
- -f filename, --outfile filename
- Write the hypergammon database to filename. Default is "hyper<number of chequers>.bd", the name expected by GNU Backgammon when using the database.
- -r filename, --restart filename
- Restart calculation of the database from the given file, which should be a checkpoint from an earlier run.
- -c chequers, --chequers chequers
- Set the number of chequers in the game. The default is 3, for normal 3-chequer hypergammon.
- -n, --no-checkpoint
- Do not write a checkpoint file after each iteration.
- -t threshold, --threshold threshold
- Set the convergence threshold. The default is 1e-5.
- -v, --version
- Show version information and exit.
- -h, --help
- Display usage and exit.
AUTHORSJoseph Heled, [/O]ystein Johansen, J[/o]rn Thyssen, and Gary Wong, with the assistance of many others <email@example.com>.
This manual page was written by Russ Allbery <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It may be redistributed and/or modified under the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (the same license as GNU Backgammon).