Copyright (c) 2011 Miles McCammon This file is part of Freedroid Freedroid is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Freedroid is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Ge...
NAMEfreedroidRPG - a futuristic immersive RPG about fighting bots
sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies [-h | -help ] [-v | -version ] [-e | -editor ] [-s | -sound | q | -nosound ] [-n | -no_open_gl | o | -open_gl ] [-f | -fullscreen | w | -window ] [-t | -system_lang ] [-l | -load ] [-r | -resolution ] [-d | -debug ]
DESCRIPTIONFreedroidRPG tells the story of a world destroyed by a conflict between robots and their human masters. Play as Tux in a quest to save the world from the murderous rebel bots who know no mercy. You get to choose which path you wish to follow, and freedom of choice is everywhere in the game.
FreedroidRPG features a real time combat system with melee and ranged weapons, fairly similar to the proprietary game Diablo. There is an innovative system of programs that can be run in order to take control of enemy robots, alter their behavior, or improve one's characteristics. You can use over 150 different kinds of items and fight countless enemies on your way to your destiny. An advanced dialog system provides story background and immersive role playing situations.
GameplayPlease see the README or the tutorial in the game for more details.
UpdatesPeriodically we release updated versions of FreedroidRPG with expanded plot, requested features, and other improvements. Please check the Lk www.freedroid.org FreedroidRPG Homepage for the most updated versions of the game.
- -h | -help
- List command-line options.
- -v | -version
- Prints out FreedroidRPG version information.
- -q | -nosound
- Suppress sound output.
- -f | -fullscreen
- Work in full screen mode. Note that fullscreen or window mode can also be toggled from within the game via the options menu.
- -w | -window
- Start FreedroidRPG in a window rather than using full screen mode.
- -n | -no_open_gl
- Use SDL rendering rather than OpenGL.
- -r Y | --resolution= Y
- Selects a resolution to start the game in. -r 99 lists common resolutions. Resolutions can also be set in-game. You can also specify a resolution via -r800x600.
- -e | -editor
- Skips the main menu and opens up the level editor.
- -l character-name | --load character-name
- Skip the main menu and load the saved game. The parameter character-name should be saved game name.
- -t | --system_lang
- Starts the game in systems default language.
- -d X | --debug X
- Shows mostly useless debug output. Debug level (X) maybe 0-5, default is 1.
FILES$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/fdrpg.cfg The file containing all configuration settings of this user.
$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/*.sav.gz Saved games for the characters.
$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/*.thumbnail.png Thumbnail images of the characters.
$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/*.shp Game state for the saved games.
$HOME/.freedroid_rpg/*.bkp* Next to last saved game.