NAMEdarkplaces - an engine for iD software's Quake and related games
SYNOPSISdarkplaces [ -options ] [ +set cvar value ] [ +console commands ]
DESCRIPTIONDarkPlaces is an OpenGL-only engine for Quake and related games, with greatly enhanced effects and lighting and many features for mods.
OPTIONSThis program follows the Quake convention, with long options starting with a single dash (`-'). Options include:
- Specify the location of the game data files. The default is the current directory, which is not usually useful.
- Run as a dedicated server, without the GUI. Alternatively, you can run darkplaces-server if installed.
- Start the game using the files from a mission pack or a mod.
- Start the game with the Hipnotic mission pack.
- Start the game with the Rogue mission pack.
- Expect the basedir to contain the standalone game Nexuiz, instead of Quake.
Various other mods and standalone games are supported, see /usr/share/doc/darkplaces/README.Debian.
SEE ALSOdarkplaces-server(6), /usr/share/doc/darkplaces/README.Debian.
AUTHORDarkPlaces was based on Quake by id Software, and is maintained by LordHavoc and numerous contributors.
This manual page was written by David Banks <email@example.com> and Simon McVittie <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian project, and may be used by others.