NAMEbinaryring - A system of path tracing particles evolves continuously from an initial creation.
SYNOPSISbinaryring [-fps] [-install] [-noinstall] [-mono] [-root] [-visual visual] [-window] [-window-id window-id] [-color] [-no-color] [-growth-delay delayms] [-particle-number particles] [-ring-radius radius]
DESCRIPTIONA system of path tracing particles evolves continuously from an initial circular creation. Ages of darkness play arbitrarily with ages of light.
Ported (with some extensions) from the code by J. Tarbell at complexification.net
OPTIONSbinaryring accepts the following options:
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- Don't install a private colormap for the window.
- Draw on the root window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- -window-id window-id
- Specify which window id to use.
- -color (Default)
- Particles have random generated colors that gradually change over time.
- Use the original black and white visualization.
- -growth-delay delayms (Default: 10000)
- Delay in ms between growth cycles. More delay, slower (but less CPU intensive).
- -particles-number particles (Default: 5000)
- The number of particles in the system. With more particles the fps can also be affected.
- -ring-radius radius (Default: 40)
- The radius of the ring where the particles are born, in pixels.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2003 by J. Tarbell (firstname.lastname@example.org, www.complexification.net
Ported to XScreensaver by Emilio Del Tessandoro (email@example.com)
AUTHORJ. Tarbell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jun-03
Emilio Del Tessandoro <email@example.com>, Aug-14