_ _ _ _ _ / \ (_)_ __ ___| |_ _ __(_) | _____ / _ \ | | '__/ __| __| '__| | |/ / _ \ / ___ \| | | \__ \ |_| | | | < __/ /_/ \_\_|_| |___/\__|_| |_|_|\_\___|
airstrike - 2d dogfight game in the tradition of 'Biplanes' and 'BIP'
Airstrike is a 2d biplane dogfight game in the tradition of the Intellivision and Amiga games 'Biplanes' and 'BIP'. It features a robust physics engine and several other extensions of the original games.
Airstrike reads all the configuration options from a configuration file at startup but you can override from command line a few of the options:
- Runs the game in fullscreen mode.
- Runs game with sound effects, if support for that has been compiled in.
- Runs the game without sound.
- Game graphics will not be antialiased. This makes it run faster.
- Game graphics will be antialiased.
- --config CONFIGFILE
- Use given configuration file instead of the one which location is compiled into Airstrike.
Configuration file name is '.airstrikerc' and it's located in your
Airstrike is controlled from keyboard:
- Plane nose goes up.
- Plane nose goes down.
- Drop a bomb.
Pause game and open game options menu. From menu you can change
options, view release notes and quit it.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms specified in the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPL).
COPYRIGHT AND CREDITS
- Ulf Ekström
- Game author, programming and graphics
- Peter Eismann
- Windows port, comments and ideas
- Eero Tamminen
- Sound, graphics, game objects, makefiles, comments and ideas
- Alessandro Giusti
- Graphics and ideas
And many others for comments, bug reports and ideas.