Title: yp.conf Author: [see the "AUTHOR" section] Generator: DocBook XSL Stylesheets v1.78.1 <http://docbook.sf.net/> Date: 10/20/2014 Manual: ypbind-mt Source: ypbind-mt Language: English
NAMEyp.conf - NIS binding configuration file
The file /etc/yp.conf is read from ypbind(8) at startup or when receiving signal SIGHUP. The entries are used for the initial binding. Valid entries are
domain nisdomain server hostname
- Use server hostname for the domain nisdomain. You could have more then one entry of this type for a single domain.
domain nisdomain broadcast
- Use broadcast on the local net for domain nisdomain.
domain nisdomain slp
- Query the local running SLP server for hosts running ypserv and distributing nisdomain. This option is only available, if ypbind was compiled with SLP support.
- Use server hostname for the local domain.
- If no other server is given or all of them are not reachable, try a broadcast call for the default domain to find a server.
If for a specific domain the broadcast option and fixed server are given, ypbind-mt tries at first the given servers before falling back to broadcasting for a running server.
ypbind-mt was written by Thorsten Kukuk <firstname.lastname@example.org>.