dpkg manual page - deb-prerm(5) Copyright © 2016 Guillem Jover <firstname.lastname@example.org> This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See t...
NAMEdeb-prerm - package pre-removal maintainer script
DESCRIPTIONA package can perform several pre-removal actions via maintainer scripts, by including an executable prerm file in its control archive (i.e. DEBIAN/prerm during package creation).
The script can be called in the following ways:
- prerm remove
- Before the package is removed.
- old-prerm upgrade new-version
- Before an upgrade.
- new-prerm failed-upgrade old-version new-version
- If the above upgrade fails.
- prerm deconfigure in-favour new-package new-version
[ removing old-package old-version ] Before package is deconfigured while dependency is replaced due to conflict.
- prerm remove in-favour new-package new-version
- Before the package is replaced due to conflict.