dpkg manual page - deb-preinst(5) Copyright © 2016 Guillem Jover <email@example.com> This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See...
NAMEdeb-preinst - package pre-installation maintainer script
DESCRIPTIONA package can perform several pre-installation actions via maintainer scripts, by including an executable preinst file in its control archive (i.e. DEBIAN/preinst during package creation).
The script can be called in the following ways:
- new-preinst install
- Before the package is installed.
- new-preinst install old-version new-version
- Before removed package is upgraded.
- new-preinst upgrade old-version new-version
- Before the package is upgraded.
- old-preinst abort-upgrade new-version
- If postrm fails during upgrade or fails on failed upgrade.