dpkg manual page - deb-postrm(5) Copyright © 2016 Guillem Jover <email@example.com> This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See ...
NAMEdeb-postrm - package post-removal maintainer script
DESCRIPTIONA package can perform several post-removal actions via maintainer scripts, by including an executable postrm file in its control archive (i.e. DEBIAN/postrm during package creation).
The script can be called in the following ways:
- postrm remove
- After the package was removed.
- postrm purge
- After the package was purged.
- old-postrm upgrade new-version
- After the package was upgraded.
- new-postrm failed-upgrade old-version new-version
- If the above upgrade call fails.
- postrm disappear overwriter-package overwriter-version
- After all of the packages files have been replaced.
- new-postrm abort-install
- If preinst fails during install.
- new-postrm abort-install old-version new-version
- If preinst fails during upgrade of removed package.
- new-postrm abort-upgrade old-version new-version
- If preinst fails during upgrade.