Hey, EMACS: First parameter, NAME, should be all caps Second parameter, SECTION, should be 1-8, maybe w/ subsection other parameters are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
NAMEbattery-stats - collected battery statistics
DESCRIPTIONThe battery-stats contains statistics about battery charge over time, as collected by the battery-stats-collector (8) daemon.
FORMATEach line in the file represents one sample and is of the form:
<seconds> <charge%> <powermode> <UTC-date> <UTC-time>separated by spaces and terminated by a newline.
- is the number of seconds since 1st Jan 1970 00:00:00 UTC
- is the battery charge a number between 0 and 100
indicates the power mode:
1 On battery
2 On backup power
- 0 A/C off
- a human-readable date in the format YYYY/MM/DD. Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone.
- a human-readable time in the format HH:MM:SS (using a 24-hour clock). Note that this is in UTC, not the local or system timezone.
- is the BIOS estimate of how many minutes of running time the battery would provide. This may be unreliable, depending on the BIOS through which it was collected.
EXAMPLEA battery under charge might result in the following samples:
1032651245 27 1 2002/09/21 23:34:05 94
1032651275 28 1 2002/09/21 23:34:35 97
1032651305 29 1 2002/09/21 23:35:05 100
1032651335 30 1 2002/09/21 23:35:35 103
1032651365 30 1 2002/09/21 23:36:05 106
FILESThe default set-up is to save battery statistics in /var/log and rotate the logs weekly, which results in this set of files:
/var/log/battery-stats - current (most recent) statistics
/var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+ - less recent statistics
/var/log/battery-stats.[0-9]+.gz - ancient statistics