$OpenBSD: ubsec.4,v 1.25 2003/08/12 19:42:46 jason Exp $ Copyright (c) 2000 Jason L. Wright (email@example.com) All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice...
NAMEubsec - Broadcom and BlueSteel uBsec 5x0x crypto accelerator
SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device crypto device cryptodev device ubsec
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver supports cards containing Broadcom and BlueSteel uBsec 5x0x crypto accelerator chips.
On those models which contain a public key engine (almost all of the more recent ones), this feature is registered with the crypto(4) subsystem.
On all models except the Bluesteel 5501 and Broadcom 5801, the driver registers itself to provide random data to the random(4) subsystem.
HARDWAREThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver supports cards containing any of the following chips:
- Bluesteel 5501
- The original chipset, no longer made. This extremely rare unit was not very fast, lacked an RNG, and had a number of other bugs.
- Bluesteel 5601
- A faster and fixed version of the original, with a random number unit and large number engine added.
- Broadcom BCM5801
- A BCM5805 without public key engine or random number generator.
- Broadcom BCM5802
- A slower version of the BCM5805.
- Broadcom BCM5805
- Faster version of Bluesteel 5601.
- Broadcom BCM5820
- 64 bit version of the chip, and significantly more advanced.
- Broadcom BCM5821
- Faster version of the BCM5820. This is the chip found on the Sun Crypto Accelerator 1000.
- Broadcom BCM5822
- Faster version of the BCM5820.
- Broadcom BCM5823
- A BCM5822 with AES capability.
- Broadcom BCM5825
- Faster version of the BCM5823.