Copyright (c) 2000 Warner Losh All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other ...
NAMEsn - Ethernet driver for SMC91Cxx based cards
SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe ifconfig device driver supports SMC91Cxx based ISA and PCMCIA cards.
HARDWAREThe ifconfig driver supports SMC91Cxx based ISA and PCMCIA cards including:
- 3Com Megahertz X-Jack Ethernet PC Card XJ10BT, XJ10BC
- 3Com Megahertz XJEM and CCEM series: CCEM3288C, CCEM3288T, CCEM3336, CEM3336C, CCEM3336T, XJEM1144C, XJEM1144T, XJEM3288C, XJEM3288T, XJEM3336
- Farallon EtherMac PC Card 595a
- Motorola Mariner Ethernet/Modem PC Card
- Ositech Seven of Diamonds Ethernet PC Card
- Ositech Jack of Hearts Ethernet/Modem PC Card
- Psion Gold Card Netglobal Ethernet PC Card
- Psion Gold Card Netglobal 10/100 Fast Ethernet PC Card
- Psion Gold Card Netglobal 56k+10Mb Ethernet PC Card
- SMC EZEther PC Card (8020BT)
- SMC EZEther PC Card (8020T)
The ifconfig driver supports the SMC 91C90, SMC 91C92, SMC 91C94, SMC 91C95, SMC 91C96, SMC91C100 and SMC 91C100FD chips from SMC.
The Farallon EtherWave and EtherMac card came in two varieties. The ep(4) driver supports the 595 and 895 cards. These cards have the blue arrow on the front along with a 3Com logo. The Farallon 595a cards, which have a red arrow on the front, are also called EtherWave and EtherMac. They are supported by the ifconfig driver.