Copyright (c) 2004 Tom Rhodes All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other m...
NAMErc - RISCom/8 multiport card
SYNOPSISdevice isa device rc
DESCRIPTIONThe RISCom/8 is an eight port ISA RS-232C communications multiplexer with a built in RISC processor. It uses a block of sixteen I/O ports in the range 0x200 to 0x3f0 selectable by on-board switches or jumpers. The block must be aligned on a sixteen port boundary. The jumper-selectable hardware interrupt level may be set to be detected during system initialization using settings found in the /boot/device.hints file.
This driver is mostly based on the Cirrus Logic CL-CD180 driver.
HARDWAREThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver provides support for the SDL Communications RISCom/8 boards.
DIAGNOSTICSThe following driver specific error messages may be reported:
- "rc%d channel%d: interrupt-level buffer overflow"
- An internal buffer overflow error has occurred on the listed channel. The sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver will need to be reloaded to correct this.
- "rc%d: Bad char chan %d"
- The channel has obtained a bad set of characters.
- "rc%d: Got extra chars chan %d"
- The sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver got more characters than expected on the channel shown.
- "rc%d: data mismatch chan %d ptr %d (%d != %d)"
- Data sent from channel %d to the rx buffer was different then expected.
- "rc%d: channel %d command timeout, rc.c line: %d"
- A command timeout has occurred on the channel, the src/sys/dev/rc/rc.c file can be consulted for more information.
SEE ALSOtty(1), ttyname(3), sio(4), tty(4), device.hints5, comcontrol(8), getty(8), mutex(9), splx(9)
HISTORYThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver first appeared in Fx 2.0.5 . This manual page first appeared in Fx 5.3 .
AUTHORSThis manual page was written by An Tom Rhodes Aq Mt trhodes@FreeBSD.org .
BUGSThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver code still uses the spl(9) functions. These should be replaced by mutex(9) functions.
The various Fn ttyld_* functions should be documented.