Copyright (c) 2001, 2002 M. Warner Losh All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission. THIS SOFTWARE ...
NAMEpcic - PC Card bridge driver
SYNOPSISdevice pcic device pccard
DESCRIPTIONThe ifconfig driver provides support for older ISA and non-Yenta PCI PC Card bridges. The ifconfig driver supports most ExCA devices attached to the ISA bus or PCI devices that do not conform to the Yenta specification.
The following ISA devices, or true clones, are supported in the current code.
- Intel i82365SL Step A
- Intel i82365SL Step B
- Intel i82365SL Step C
- Intel 's original 16-bit PC Card controller.
- Intel i82365SL-DF
- Intel 's last version of this device. 3.3V support was added.
- VLSI 82C146
- An older VLSI part with some issues on some machines.
- Cirrus Logic PD-6710
- Cirrus Logic PD-6720
- Cirrus Logic PD-6722
- Cirrus Logic's pcic controller. Compatible with the i82365SL Step C with the addition of a different 3.3V control.
- Ricoh RF5C296
- Ricoh RF5C396
- Ricoh's PC Card bridge chips. These are compatible with the i82365SL Step C, but with yet another different 3.3V control.
- Vadem 365
- Vadem 465
- Compatible with i82365SL Step C.
- Vadem 468
- Vadem 469
- Like the earlier Vadem models, but with Vadem's own, incompatible, 3.3V control system.
- IBM PCIC
- IBM clone of the original i82365SL part, with its own ID register value. Has no 3.3V ability.
Many other vendors made parts in this arena, but most of them were compatible with one of the above chipsets.
The following PCI pcmcia bridges are supported:
- Cirrus Logic PD6729
- Cirrus Logic PD6730
- O2micro OZ6729
- O2micro OZ6730