Copyright (c) 2001 Tamotsu HATTORI <firstname.lastname@example.org> Copyright (c) 2001 Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@FreeBSD.org> All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this ...
NAMElongrun - Transmeta(TM) Crusoe(TM) LongRun(TM) support
SYNOPSISLongRun support is a collection of power saving modes for the Transmeta Crusoe chips, similar in scope to Intel's SpeedStep. The following sysctl(8) MIBs control the different CPU modes:
- Name Type Changeable Description
- hw.crusoe.longrun Ta Vt integer Ta yes Ta LongRun mode:
- Ta Ta Ta 0: minimum frequency mode
- Ta Ta Ta 1: power-saving mode
- Ta Ta Ta 2: performance mode
- Ta Ta Ta 3: maximum frequency mode
- hw.crusoe.frequency Ta Vt integer Ta no Ta Current frequency (MHz).
- hw.crusoe.voltage Ta Vt integer Ta no Ta Current voltage (mV).
- hw.crusoe.percentage Ta Vt integer Ta no Ta Processing performance (%).
EXAMPLESPrint the current status:
"% sysctl hw.crusoe"
To set LongRun mode to performance oriented variable frequency mode (less power savings):
"# sysctl hw.crusoe.longrun=2"