Copyright (c) 1998-2001 Semen Ustimenko <semenu@FreeBSD.org> All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the...
NAMEtx - SMC 83c17x Fast Ethernet device driver
SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device miibus device tx
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe ifconfig driver provides support for the Ethernet adapters based on the SMC 83c17x (EPIC) chips. These are mostly SMC 9432 series cards.
The ifconfig driver supports the following media types (depending on card's capabilities):
- Enable autonegotiation (default).
- Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) fiber optic operation.
- Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) twisted pair operation.
- Set 10Mbps on 10baseT port.
- Set 10Mbps on 10base2 port.
The ifconfig driver supports the following media options:
- Set full-duplex operation.
The ifconfig driver supports oversized Ethernet packets (up to 1600 bytes). Refer to the ifconfig(8) man page on setting the interface's MTU.
The old ``ifconfig tx0 linkN '' method of configuration is not supported.
VLAN (IEEE 802.1Q) supportThe ifconfig driver supports the VLAN operation (using vlan(4) interfaces) without decreasing the MTU on the vlan(4) interfaces.
- "tx%d: device timeout %d packets"
- The device stops responding. Device and driver reset follows this error.
- "tx%d: PCI fatal error occurred (%s)"
- One of following errors occurred: PCI Target Abort, PCI Master Abort, Data Parity Error or Address Parity Error. Device and driver reset follows this error.
- "tx%d: cannot allocate mbuf header/cluster"
- Cannot allocate memory for received packet. Packet thrown away.
- "tx%d: can't stop %s DMA"
- While resetting, the driver failed to stop the device correctly.