Copyright (c) 1997 David E. O'Brien All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or ...
NAMEde - DEC DC21x4x Ethernet device driver
SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file:
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver provides support for the Ethernet adapters based on the Digital Equipment DC21x4x based self-contained Ethernet and Fast Ethernet chips.
The sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver supports the following media types:
- Enable autoselection of the media type and options
- Set 10Mbps operation on the 10baseT port
- Set 10Mbps operation on the BNC port
- Set 10Mbps operation on the AUI port
- Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation
- Set 100Mbps operation
- Set 100Mbps operation (4-pair cat-3 cable)
The sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver supports the following media options:
- Set full duplex operation
Note that the media types available depend on the particular card in use. Some cards are explicitly programmed to a particular media type by a setup utility and are not changeable.
Use the ifconfig(8) command and in particular the -m flag to list the supported media types for your particular card.
The old ``ifconfig linkN'' method of configuration is not supported.
HARDWAREAdapters supported by the sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver include:
- Adaptec ANA-6944/TX
- Cogent EM100FX and EM440TX
- Corega FastEther PCI-TX
- D-Link DFE-500TX
- DEC DE435, DEC DE450, and DEC DE500
- ELECOM LD-PCI2T, LD-PCITS
- I-O DATA LA2/T-PCI
- SMC Etherpower 8432, 9332 and 9334
- ZNYX ZX3xx
- "de%d: waking device from sleep/snooze mode"
- The 21041 and 21140A chips support suspending the operation of the card.
- "de%d: error: desired IRQ of %d does not match device's actual IRQ of %d"
- The device probe detected that the board is configured for a different interrupt than the one specified in the kernel configuration file.
- "de%d: not configured; limit of %d reached or exceeded"
- There is a limit of 32 sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies devices allowed in a single machine.
- "de%d: not configured; 21040 pass 2.0 required (%d.%d found)"
- "de%d: not configured; 21140 pass 1.1 required (%d.%d found)"
- Certain revisions of the chipset are not supported by this driver.