Copyright (c) 2008 Pyun YongHyeon All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or oth...
NAMEage - Attansic/Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet driver
SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device miibus device age
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies device driver provides support for Attansic/Atheros L1 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controllers.
All LOMs supported by the sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver have TCP/UDP/IP checksum offload for both transmit and receive, TCP segmentation offload (TSO), hardware VLAN tag stripping/insertion features and an interrupt moderation mechanism as well as a 64-bit multicast hash filter.
The L1 also supports Jumbo Frames (up to 10240 bytes), which can be configured via the interface MTU setting. Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to receive and transmit Jumbo Frames.
The sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver supports the following media types:
- Enable autoselection of the media type and options. The user can manually override the autoselected mode by adding media options to rc.conf5.
- Set 10Mbps operation.
- Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation.
- Set 1000baseTX operation over twisted pair.
The sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver supports the following media options:
- Force full duplex operation.
- Force half duplex operation.
For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8).
HARDWAREThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver provides support for LOMs based on Attansic/Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet controller chips, including:
- ASUS M2N8-VMX
- ASUS M2V
- ASUS M3A
- ASUS P2-M2A590G
- ASUS P5B-E
- ASUS P5B-MX/WIFI-AP
- ASUS P5B-VMSE
- ASUS P5K
- ASUS P5KC
- ASUS P5KPL-C
- ASUS P5KPL-VM
- ASUS P5K-SE
- ASUS P5K-V
- ASUS P5L-MX
- ASUS P5DL2-VM
- ASUS P5L-VM 1394
- ASUS G2S
LOADER TUNABLESTunables can be set at the loader(8) prompt before booting the kernel or stored in loader.conf5.
- This tunable disables MSI support on the Ethernet hardware. The default value is 0.
- This tunable disables MSI-X support on the Ethernet hardware. The default value is 0.
SYSCTL VARIABLESThe following variables are available as both sysctl(8) variables and loader(8) tunables:
- Maximum amount of time to delay interrupt processing in units of 2us. The accepted range is 0 to 65000, the default is 50 (100us). Value 0 completely disables the interrupt moderation.
- Maximum amount of Rx events to be processed in the event loop before rescheduling a taskqueue. The accepted range is 30 to 255, the default value is 128 events. The interface does not need to be brought down and up again before a change takes effect.
- Display lots of useful MAC counters maintained in the driver.