Copyright (c) 2008 Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org> All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the docu...
NAMEae - Attansic/Atheros L2 FastEthernet controller driver
SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device miibus device ae
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies device driver provides support for Attansic/Atheros L2 PCIe FastEthernet controllers.
The controller supports hardware Ethernet checksum processing, hardware VLAN tag stripping/insertion and an interrupt moderation mechanism. Attansic L2 also features a 64-bit multicast hash filter.
The sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver supports the following media types:
- Enable autoselection of the media type and options. The user can manually override the autoselected mode by adding media options to rc.conf5.
- Select 10Mbps operation.
- Set 100Mbps (FastEthernet) operation.
The sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver provides support for the following media options:
- Force full duplex operation.
- Force half duplex operation.
For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8).
HARDWAREThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver supports Attansic/Atheros L2 PCIe FastEthernet controllers, and is known to support the following hardware:
- ASUS EeePC 701
- ASUS EeePC 900
Other hardware may or may not work with this driver.
LOADER TUNABLESTunables can be set at the loader(8) prompt before booting the kernel or stored in loader.conf5.
- This tunable disables MSI support on the Ethernet hardware. The default value is 0.
SYSCTL VARIABLESThe sysctl Cm net.inet.tcp.syncookies driver collects a number of useful MAC counter during the work. The statistics is available via the dev.ae.%d.stats sysctl(8) tree, where %d corresponds to the controller number.
- "ae%d: watchdog timeout."
- The device has stopped responding to the network, or there is a problem with the network connection (cable).
- "ae%d: reset timeout."
- The card reset operation has been timed out.
- "ae%d: Generating random ethernet address."
- No valid Ethernet address was found in the controller NVRAM and registers. Random locally administered address with ASUS OUI identifier will be used instead.