Copyright (c) 2004 Mark Santcroos <firstname.lastname@example.org> All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documen...
NAMEacpi_video - ACPI Video Extensions driver
DESCRIPTIONThis driver uses the ACPI Video Extensions to control display switching and backlight brightness. The availability of the sysctl(8) variables depends on the functions offered by the host's ACPI implementation.
SYSCTL VARIABLESThe following sysctls are currently implemented, where Aq Ar device is crt , lcd or tv
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .active
- Current state of the output device.
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .levels
- List of supported brightness levels.
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .brightness
- Current brightness level of the device.
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .fullpower
- Preset brightness level to be used in full power mode.
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .economy
- Preset brightness level to be used in economy mode.
Defaults for these variables can be set in sysctl.conf5, which is parsed at boot-time.