Automatically generated by Pod::Man 2.28 (Pod::Simple 3.29) Standard preamble: ========================================================================
NAMETk::More - a 'more' or 'less' like text widget
use Tk::More; $more = $parent->More(...text widget options ...); $more->Load(FILENAME);
DESCRIPTIONTk::More is a readonly text widget with additional key bindings as found in UNI* command line tools "more" or "less". As in "more" an additional status/command line is added at the bottom.
- Key-g or Home
- goto beginning of file
- Key-G or End
- goto end of file
- Key-f or Next
- forward screen
- Key-b or Prior
- backward screen
- Key-k or Up
- up one line
- Key-j or Down
- down one line
- search forward
- search backward
- find next match
- find previous match
- up half screen
- down half screen
- down one line
- invoke help window
- Name: fixedFont
- Class: FixedFont
- Switch: -font
- Set the font of the viewer widget. This is by default a fixed font.
- Name: searchCase
- Class: SearchCase
- Switch: -searchcase
- Set if searching should be done case-insensitive. Defaults to true.
- Switch: -helpcommand
- Sets the command for the ``h'' (help) key.
- Load($file, %args)
Load $file into the widget. %args may be one of the following
- -encoding => $encoding
- Assume the encoding of the file to be $encoding. If none is given, then assume no encoding (which is equivalent to iso-8859-1).
- Convenience method to add the bindinds Key-q and Control-Key-q to close the Toplevel window containing this More widget.
BUGSBesides that most of more bindings are not implemented. This bugs me most (high to low priority):
* better status line implementation
* Cursor movement: up/down move displayed area regardless where
insert cursor is
* add History, Load, Search (also as popup menu)
SEE ALSOTk::ROText, more(1), tkmore, less(1)
AUTHORAchim Bohnet <email@example.com>
Currently maintained by Slaven Rezic <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright (c) 1997-1998 Achim Bohnet. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.