Automatically generated by Pod::Man 4.07 (Pod::Simple 3.32) Standard preamble: ========================================================================
NAMEMail::Message::TransferEnc::EightBit - encode/decode 8bit message bodies
Mail::Message::TransferEnc::EightBit is a Mail::Message::TransferEnc is a Mail::Reporter
my Mail::Message $msg = ...; my $decoded = $msg->decoded; my $encoded = $msg->encode(transfer => '8bit');
DESCRIPTIONEncode or decode message bodies for 8bit transfer encoding. This is only very little encoding. According to the specs:
"8bit data" refers to data that is all represented as relatively short lines with 998 octets or less between CRLF line separation sequences [RFC-821]), but octets with decimal values greater than 127 may be used. As with "7bit data" CR and LF octets only occur as part of CRLF line separation sequences and no NULs are allowed.
As you can safely conclude: decoding of these bodies is no work at all.
- Error: Decoder for transfer encoding $type does not work: $@
- Compiling the required transfer encoding resulted in errors, which means that the decoder can not be used.
- Warning: No decoder for transfer encoding $type.
- A decoder for the specified type of transfer encoding is not implemented.
- Error: Package $package does not implement $method.
- Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package.
SEE ALSOThis module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.120, built on September 21, 2016. Website: perl.overmeer.net/mailbox
LICENSECopyrights 2001-2016 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html