Automatically generated by Pod::Man 4.09 (Pod::Simple 3.35) Standard preamble: ========================================================================
NAMEDpkg::Index - generic index of control information
DESCRIPTIONThis object represent a set of Dpkg::Control objects.
- $index = Dpkg::Index->new(%opts)
- Creates a new empty index. See set_options() for more details.
The ``type'' option is checked first to define default values for other
options. Here are the relevant options: ``get_key_func'' is a function
returning a key for the item passed in parameters, ``unique_tuple_key'' is
a boolean requesting whether the default key should be the unique tuple
(default to false for backwards compatibility, but it will change to true
in dpkg 1.20.x). The index can only contain one item with a given key.
The ``get_key_func'' function used depends on the type:
for CTRL_INFO_SRC,it is the Source field;
for CTRL_INDEX_SRCandCTRL_PKG_SRCit is the Package field by default, or the Package and Version fields (concatenated with ``_'') when ``unique_tuple_key'' is true;
for CTRL_INFO_PKGit is simply the Package field;
for CTRL_INDEX_PKGandCTRL_PKG_DEBit is the Package field by default, or the Package, Version and Architecture fields (concatenated with ``_'') when ``unique_tuple_key'' is true;
for CTRL_CHANGELOGit is the Source and the Version fields (concatenated with an intermediary ``_'');
for CTRL_TESTSis either the Tests or Test-Command fields;
for CTRL_FILE_CHANGESit is the Source, Version and Architecture fields (concatenated with ``_'');
for CTRL_FILE_VENDORit is the Vendor field;
for CTRL_FILE_STATUSit is the Package and Architecture fields (concatenated with ``_'');
- otherwise it is the Package field by default.
- Returns the type of control information stored. See the type parameter set during new().
- $index->add($item, [$key])
- Add a new item in the index. If the $key parameter is omitted, the key will be generated with the get_key_func function (see set_options() for details).
- Reads the file and creates all items parsed. Returns the number of items parsed. Handles compressed files transparently based on their extensions.
- $index->parse($fh, $desc)
Reads the filehandle and creates all items parsed. When called multiple
times, the parsed stanzas are accumulated.
Returns the number of items parsed.
- Writes the content of the index in a file. Auto-compresses files based on their extensions.
- $item = $index->new_item()
- Creates a new item. Mainly useful for derived objects that would want to override this method to return something else than a Dpkg::Control object.
- $item = $index->get_by_key($key)
- Returns the item identified by $key or undef.
- @keys = $index->get_keys(%criteria)
- Returns the keys of items that matches all the criteria. The key of the %criteria hash is a field name and the value is either a regex that needs to match the field value, or a reference to a function that must return true and that receives the field value as single parameter, or a scalar that must be equal to the field value.
- @items = $index->get(%criteria)
- Returns all the items that matches all the criteria.
- Remove the item identified by the given key.
- @items = $index->remove(%criteria)
- Returns and removes all the items that matches all the criteria.
- $index->merge($other_index, %opts)
- Merge the entries of the other index. While merging, the keys of the merged index are used, they are not re-computed (unless you have set the options ``keep_keys'' to ``0''). It's your responsibility to ensure that they have been computed with the same function.
- Sort the index with the given sort function. If no function is given, an alphabetic sort is done based on the keys. The sort function receives the items themselves as parameters and not the keys.
- $str = $index->output()
- Get a string representation of the index. The Dpkg::Control objects are output in the order which they have been read or added except if the order have been changed with sort().
- Print the string representation of the index to a filehandle.